Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My first post/About me




Well, I finally ventured out and created my own blog. Several friends have their own blogs, and I enjoy reading about their everyday activities whether big or small. So here goes!

My typical day isn't very exciting to most, but it is always filled with lots of love and laughs with my family. My husband, Robert, and I just celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary back in July. He is a wonderful husband who amazingly chose me to be his wife to which I am very blessed to be married to. As most of you know, he is a chicken man who just opened up a new store in May. He is fantastic at his job and loves making chicken! I couldn't imagine a day without him. He is my best friend who believes it me, supports me, and loves me despite all my craziness! We have a two year old daughter, Lauren, who is definitely the joy of our lives. She and I get to stay at home and be togther which is great. I love it--even on the wild days! She will soon be a big sister in December which is when we are expecting another baby on the 31st. We find out next Thursday whether were having a boy or girl. I can't wait!!

When I get a few extra time to myself, I usually enjoy doing some type of crafting. I learned how to bake and decorate cakes back in 2000 and have loved it ever since. It's so much fun to create a beautiful cake with icing and then share it with others. I really like making cakes for my family because I can center the theme around what they enjoy--StarWars, Elmo, or just the icing itself!

About 2 years ago, I took up scrapbooking. Now I am totally in it. I've been a Creative Memories consultant on the side for about a year, but mainly use it to get my supplies at a discount. My first album was about our pet cat Skeeter Bug. My favorite album would probably be the wedding digital book I did for us on Valentine's day.

Lauren's up from her nap now. I'll have to continue later today or probably tomorrow at nap time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Jen!!! I love this!!!

Amanda said...

This is great!!

Anonymous said...

Looks cool. Can you add any about the new store? Great to be able to see photos of you guys.