Monday, October 29, 2007

Batgirl

This past Saturday, Lauren and I went to our church's Trunk or Treat festivities. All kids in the area were invited to come dressed in their Halloween costumes and enjoy candy, games, bouncy rides, cotton candy, and more.
Lauren loves Batman (thanks to her daddy). So I decided to dress her as Batgirl. Since I couldn't find a Batgirl costume locally, I improvised and made her costume. At first, she didn't want to wear any of it, but then she changed her mind and put everything on. She was/is the cutest Batgirl around. Of course, everyone at the festival thought she was just Batman, but that's okay.

We went to all the different "trunks" and got candy. By the time we reached the end, Lauren started grabbing lots of candy and had a bag full when she got home. She jumped on the big bouncy, played games, and had her first taste of cotton candy.
Lauren wasn't too sure about the cotton candy at first, but then figured out that it was really good and ate it all up!

I dressed as a pumpkin so Lauren would put her costume on. Robert was "Superdad" as Lauren calls him.
He wasn't able to go since he hurt his ankle playing ball--he's better now.
Hopefully, she'll put her costume back on for Halloween night and we'll visit a few friends in the neighborhood. If she won't be Batgirl that night, maybe she'll wear her Clemson Tigers cheerleading outfit. We'll see!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love the costume. You did an excellent job. You must tell me how you did it. Looks like ya'll had a good time.You make a cute pumpkin also! Hope all is going well.