
Okay so here goes with our Easter festivities. The Tuesday before Easter we had our friends J.D. and Katie come over to dye Easter eggs with us. It was Luke's first time to actually participate as well as our friend J.D. who by the way is 25. He says his mom never let him dye eggs because it was too messy. I think I know why she said that now after letting Luke dye eggs for the first time! LOL! Lauren loved it and patiently waited for each egg to change colors. Luke however just wanted to "dunk" all the eggs and tried to drink the dyed water a few times too. Boys!! Gotta love 'em! We did manage to dye 12 eggs but Luke took care of 2 eggs by squishing them to see what was inside. Again, boys, you gotta love 'em!
On Wednesday, the kids received their Easter baskets from Grammy and Poppie. Lots of awesome yummy Oreo eggs in there, one frilly basket for Lauren and a Lightning McQueen basket for Luke! Thanks Grammy and Poppie!
Last Saturday, our HOA had an egg hunt for all the kids in the neighborhood. Again lots of fun and lots of eggs full of melted chocolate candy by the time we got to them. As we were going through the eggs looking to see if we had any prize eggs, I looked over at Luke and he is squishing up a melted Reese's peanut butter cup in his hand! Aww!! What to do? I had no wipes or anything to clean his hand up with. So I had to lick the chocolate off his hand and fingers before it got everywhere! Crazy I know! But hey, at least I like peanut butter cups!

On Sunday after church, we went over to Cousin Julia's house to have Easter dinner with her, Annie, Uncle Lee, and Sharron. After lunch, the kids enjoyed their Easter basket goodies and had one more egg hunt with lots more candy. Thanks Julia, Annie, Uncle Lee and Sharron for all our goodies!

All in all, the kids got lots and lots of candy and we know have approximately 100 plastic eggs on inventory after our egg hunts and about 3-5 lbs. of candy which I quickly sent to our restaurant for our team members to enjoy. I'd be big as a house if all that candy stayed around! Although I did/do sneak a few pieces here and there! I just can't say no to chocolate!
No comments:
Post a Comment