Friday, July 11, 2008

"Rub a dub dub"/First words

Luke is just big enough to start taking a bath in the big tub when Lauren does. He still needs lots of helping sitting up in the tub, but he really likes splashing around with big sister. Lauren doesn't seem to mind him too much either. In fact, when I told her Luke was going to take a bath with her one night, she ran up stairs, threw off her clothes and was ready to get in right then! Of course I had to take pictures of them in the tub just like my parents did of me and my sisters growing up. So here are the pictures that we can embarass them with when they get older!
On a different note, Luke has become quite the talker. He jabbers and jabbers and then lets loose with some squealling. Today when the kids and I were at the library, he was sitting on the floor watching us pick out new books and said "da, da" loud and clear. He'd been practicing with the "d" sound for a few days and finally let out a "da, da". I know Robert will be excited to find out when he gets home. I keep coaching him to say "mama", but no success yet. Of course when kids learn to say "mama" that all the call for! :)







No comments: