Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Wonderland

We received an early Christmas present last night--snow! Lauren was so excited. Her favorite movie to watch right now is "Frosty the Snowman". When she saw it snowing, she wanted to make her own Frosty. So this morning while Luke was taking a nap, she and I went out and played in the snow. I dressed her warmly, but failed to dress myself warm enough, well my feet that is. My toes were freezing when we came in. Lauren's were nice and dry thanks to her new boots that she always wants to wear (check them out in the pics).
The first thing Lauren did was sit down in the snow. Then she started making snow angels. She wanted me to but, I didn't this time. We made Frosty (well, I made Frosty, she kept losing interest). We threw snowballs and Lauren went down her snowcovered slide. Her pants and gloves were soaking wet by the time we were done. Although she was wet and cold, she didn't care. She still wanted to play in the snow. At least she enjoyed it!
After we came in, I got picture mail on my phone from Robert. He went into work as usual, but sent me the Frosty made at the store. I don't know if customers made it or if our team members did, but it's really nice.
Of course, the snow is already melting, but it was nice to have a winter wonderland for a short time. Tomorrow we go to see Santa. Fun!! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I can not believe you got enough a snow to build a snowman and we got nothing! I'm glad Lauren had fun in the snow. Maybe we'll get our turn soon. We love the Christmas card, especially Lauren who didn't understand why I wouldn't let her keep it for herself.