Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ear Infection/Allergic Reaction

So about a week ago, Luke got his first ear infection. Actually, it's the first that either child has ever had. We have been very blessed to not have ear infections. I took him to the doctor last Thursday and they put him on Amoxcillin which is normal. He loved it. You know it's the medicine that tastes like bubblegum so of course he sucked it down every time.

This morning I went in his room to get him for breakfast and his face had this awful red rash on it. I went to change his diaper and he was covered in the red rash. At first I thought maybe he just got overheated because I dressed him to warm for bed but then realized it was more than that. We called the dr. office and couldn't be seen until 3. Once we got there, the dr. determined that Luke is allergic to amoxcillin and penicillin which caused the rash. Thankfully he didn't have a severe reaction but now we know that he cannot have those two medicines.

He's fine and his ear infection is just about cleared up. He's a great baby because it never phased him when his ear hurt and the rash never bothered him at all today. What a great little guy. Hopefully, his skin will clear up in the next day or so and he'll be back to his handsome little self.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ainsley hasn't had any ear infections so far either, thank goodness. But earlier this year, BOTH of mine got infected! How weird for an adult! I can sympathize with him, though - it's no fun. I am glad he is feeling better. And I'm glad his allergic reaction wasn't severe.