Tuesday, July 13, 2010

John and Katie's Wedding

On Sunday, our friends John and Katie were married. Robert was a groomsman, Lauren was one of the flower girls and I was the cake lady! We were all very busy with this wedding. I have never worked on so many cakes at one time: the rehearsal cake, grooms cake and the wedding cake. All total the cakes feed about 400 people! The wedding cake was a white sour cream cake with lemon curd filling and white chocolate icing. The groom's cake was a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing. The "shoe" on top was a checkered Vans shoe which was what all the groomsmen and groom wore at the wedding. And the rehearsal cake (which I forgot to take a pic of) was red velvet cake with cream cheese and chocolate cream cheese icing--my favorite. That's alot of cake but at least we didn't run out! So here's a few pics from the wedding. Congratulations John and Katie!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! You are official now! Pretty impressive! Do these friend's think it's funny that they are named "John & Katie" aka "Jon & Kate?" They will have more success, I'm sure!!