Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 3: Hollywood Studios


So our second full day of vacation, we headed over to Hollywood Studios (aka MGM Studios for those of you like me who didn't know they changed the name). We'd planned to be at the gates when the park opened at 9, but we overslept and got there around 10:30 instead. Oversleeping was much needed since we didn't actually get in bed the night before until almost 1am! Crazy, I know!

Once we did get to the park, we realized it was Star Wars Weekend. There were tons of people there for the event. Robert was REALLY excited since he is a HUGE SW fan. Seriously, if you haven't seen his SW collection at our house, you really need to see it next time you stop by! Anyway, several actors who played different characters from the movies were there including the original guy who played Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew and the guy who played Darth Maul. They were signing autographs and had huge lines which we did not wait in, but it was pretty cool to see the different people. Of course, Peter Mayhew was actually inside a building so we didn't even see him.

We grabbed our fastpass for StarTours and headed over to Muppets 3-D. I still love the Muppets and so does Robert. I'm not sure the kids thought it was as "cool" as we did, but they seemed to like it pretty good. We watched the Little Mermaid show, back lot tour, and then the kids had fun in the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" play area. They really didn't want to leave from there but it was crazy hot that day and we were all tired as you can tell from the picture below.

About late afternoon, we headed back to the hotel since Hollywood Studios wasn't quite as exciting as the Magic Kingdom for the kids. Of course, Saturday we headed back to the Magic Kingdom and then we flew out early Sunday morning to come home. Overall, it was a great first big Disney trip for the family. I know we will definitely go back soon. In fact, just about everyday Luke asks to go back to Disney world so he can ride Dumbo and the train roller coaster! So maybe not soon enough for him.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Too funny...I have heard about Robert's collection...what a surprise, I am surprised that he didn't ditch y'all for the day to wait in that line!!! Just kidding, lol. "MGM" was my favorite part when I was a teenager, so I guess they'll like that part when they get a little older. They are looking pretty pooped in that last picture! Glad y'all had fun!!