Friday, January 25, 2008

Our First Outing

Yesterday, Lauren, Luke, and I ventured out on our own. I decided to go to the mall and shop the consignment sale that was going on. Both of them did very well, suprisingly. I figured Lauren would be trouble after seeing all the toys there and wouldn't want to leave, but she didn't give me any problems. The only reason we went out on our own this soon is because we were meeting some friends who I knew could help me if things go wild. Well, they did get wild!

We went to lunch with our friends and everything was going great until Lauren finished eating. Lauren decides to play on the stage that is in the food court at the mall. It's not a big stage just a small one for different events at the mall. So I was constantly "dragging" her off the stage. One time she and her friend named Lauren also decided to start running to the play area. So off they go, walking at first and then when they saw me coming for them, they started running. Two 2 year olds can run pretty fast when you've got a 5 week old baby strapped to you in a Snugli. I hugged Luke real tight so he didn't get "whiplash" from my running and took off after the girls. I grabbed my Lauren first and then a man helped distracted the other Lauren in time for her mom to catch her. It was quite a sight I'm sure to those around. It really was funny, but at the time I wasn't sure if I could catch them.

Needless to say, our first outing together was fairly good and definitely challenging. But my friends said it gets easier as they get a little older--we'll see! Thanks to my friends Amanda and Mary for helping the "rookie mom of two" out on her first 2 kid outing. You guys are great! Thanks for not laughing too hard at how crazy the lunch went! :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Luch out is always crazy when you have any amount of kids in the mix but throw in 2 two year old girls and one 3 year old boy and a 1 year old girl and then little Luke and things are bound to be nothing short of nuts! But hey that's why we have friends to do this stuff with so we can all be nuts together. I thought everything went exactly how it should go for an outing with 5 kids under 5. I had fun! Glad you came and thanks again for the coupons! I would say it gets better but I still go nuts when I have to take the kids out by myself. But it is worth it all!