After 6 crazy, jammed packed weeks of selling and buying our house, we are finally moved!! Hallelujah!! I don't want to move again (if ever) for a very, very long time. I forgot how exhausting and demanding it is to move in general, but to pack and move with a 2 1/2 year old and a newborn is insane! But we did survive and things are starting to get back to normal. We've unpacked about 90% and are slowly working on the last 10% which will probably take several years to unpack!
The kids are doing great. I was worried about all the changes for Lauren in the past 2 months. Getting a new brother and a new house is a huge change for her age, but she has done well. There have been some typical 2 year old behavior like pouring out the milk in her sippy cup on the stairs and hardwood floor on the first night there! I really thought I was going to lose it with her. Then as we were unpacking throughout all of last week, she would whine and whine and act out because Robert and I were both busy and she wanted our attention. So on Saturday, we just relaxed around the house, played in her new room and closet (it's really big), took a walk around the neighborhood, and played with her yard toys outside. She was like a totally different child--all because we played. I have to remind myself to stop and take the time to spend with her even if it's not "convenient" for me. I don't want to miss the little things (and big things) with her. She is truly a gift from God that I am so blessed to call my daughter.
Little Luke is quickly coming up on his 2 month birthday! Wow! Time does goes by fast. I never knew that having a son would be such a wonderful experience. He is such a good baby. He eats well and has started sleeping longer at night. He'll eat at 11pm when we go to bed and then usually at 2am and 5am most nights. I don't remember Lauren doing that this soon. He weighs about 11 pounds so maybe that's why he's sleeping better than her! He's also reached the "first smile" milestone and it's such a cute smile. We play the "smile" game several times a day and we both love it! I forgot how precious those "firsts" really are and look forward to all Luke's firsts too!
Well, I know this post is crazy long, but I just wanted to update everyone on our move. I should be able to post more frequently now that things are getting back to normal. Have a great week!
3 comments:
Glad ya'll are settled and doing good. It was great to get on here today and see your post! Looking forward to more updates!
Thanks for the reminder to stop and play, even when it isn't convenient. It's a battle I have to fight with myself each day. I can't wait to see you!
Jen, I have to ask.. how is Skeeter bug doing with the move? Any Accidents yet? Hope to see you soon! We miss you!
Post a Comment