Lauren and I went shopping yesterday--our first mother/daughter only shopping event. She did really well. We went to Old Navy to find me some clothes to last me between being post partum and back to my regular size. I wasn't very excited about buying "fat" clothes, but I don't want to wear pregnancy clothes any more and my regular clothes are still snug or too small. So as most of us ladies do, I went into the dressing room with about 12 items to try on and left with none!
Before we left the store, Lauren spotted this small red bench in the kids section and decided to have a seat. She's just starting to get into picking out clothes for herself at the store. She pretty much goes around and picks up anything and puts it into the buggy. Beside the bench she was sitting on were these really cute jelly shoes for summer. I remember wearing jelly shoes when I was little and had to get her some. (Of course on the way home, I remembered how much they hurt your feet when you run around in them too--oh well!) They had three colors-clear, pink, and an emerald green. The clear ones were my first choice, but they didn't have her size. So I moved onto the pink ones. Lauren loved them and that's when I should have left, but instead I kept checking out clothes in her section. While I was shopping she found the green jellies and was cramming her foot into a shoe that was way too small. I tried to get her to leave it alone and go pay for the pink jellies. She refused to go home with the pink jellies and adamantly wanted the green ones. After about a 5-10 minute "discussion" with her, she won and got the green jellies. So when you see her this summer wearing pink little outfits and green jelly shoes, know that she picked them out and not me. I'm sure we'll disagree on fashion again just like I do with my mom. I guess that's just how it goes with someone whose almost 3, but I wouldn't change anything about her!
1 comment:
When I was reading this I couldn't help but think - "This is soo my life"
I am sure they will be cute though. I remember having some and also the blisters that went with them.
Post a Comment