Monday, April 21, 2008

Bully

Well as you can tell not much has been going on around here. Things are pretty routine which is good but kind of boring sometimes. Luke turns 4 months old today! He is sleeping so good at night. I am so spoiled! He goes down around 8pm and gets up around 6 or 6:30am. When he's up he is such a happy little boy.

Lauren is doing well too. She's got the whole potty training down pat during the daytime. Less diapers for me!!! However, she's starting hitting kids that she plays with. I don't know what's going on with her. I love her dearly, but I'm afraid to have her play with other kids sometimes especially kids we don't know. Like today, we went to our store to eat, play, and visit Daddy. She kept hitting all the kids in the play area. I put her in time out several times and constantly threatened to leave, but she wouldn't stop. I finally had to crawl into the play area (which is not very easy as an adult) and pull her out. As we're coming out of the play tunnel, all the kids were telling me she had hit them. So I am repeatedly telling each child and their parents "sorry" . The parents were okay and understood, but I still was so embarrassed. We left so, we didn't run off our customers!! I hope she out grows this phase soon. If anyone has experience with this issue, please let me know! She really is a good kid. I just don't think she know how to communicate with other kids sometimes.

I love both my kids, but somedays are very challenging!! Guess that's how it goes! Have a great day.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

She will outgrow this phase. Then there will be another phase and another and.....
She is a good kid! I think the main thing is to be consistent. Easy for me to say and lots harder for me to do but it is so important. This is the one piece of advice my mother shared that I wish I would have followed a little better.
Happy 4 month for Luke. Emma is 6 weeks today. Glad Luke is sleeping so good for you. Ready to reach this milestone with Emma.

Mary said...

Lauren went through this and I remember how frustrating it was. Now she just hits her sister instead of other children. This too shall pass...