Today we went to Luke's 4 month check-up. He's weight and height are normal, but he's head size isn't growing as well as it should. The back of his head is pretty much flat. This has really been a concern for me of late. I'm a big worry wart especially with my kids health. The dr. said that the bones in his head will continue to grow and will round as he becomes more mobile and a little older. However, he did order Luke to get x-rayed at Vanderbilt's Children's Hospital on Thursday just to see how his bones are growing.
I must say that this news scared me, still does. A thousand "what if" scenarios are constantly running through my head. Then I had to remind myself that I'm in control of nothing--only God is. That's easier to say that to do sometimes, but He keeps telling me that He's right alongside of me.
They have to sedate Luke for the scan. The nurse said the scan only takes about 45 seconds, but he has to be perfectly still and of course babies aren't still for that long. I'm nervous about the sedation part as well as the outcome of the
x-ray.
So please keep us in your prayers always, but especially on Thursday around lunchtime. I know that God never gives us more than we can handle (although it seems like it at times)and He's always with us on the mountaintops and the valleys in our lives. I'll give an update when we get more information. Thank you for your prayers.
2 comments:
I am so sorry for this scary time you are going through Jennifer! It just gripped my heart when I read it because I can perfectly understand the fear that is going on inside of you but I am so glad that you are trusting God and know that we serve a God who is bigger than our fears and worries. I will pray for you guys on Thursday around lunch but my family and I will also be praying for you now as well. Feel free to call if you need to talk to someone. I hope you have a great day and just rest in knowing that God is in control!
I'm praying for you now and will continue to pray throughout the day.
Post a Comment