Well today is the second anniversary of my 29th birthday. For those of you who are mathematically challenged :), I turned 31 around lunchtime today. I have had a great day! Robert and the kids gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, 2 new Nintendo DS games, a cute pocketbook case for the DS, the new Wilton Cake Decorating book, lunch and dinner of my choice, and I managed to squeeze in a pedicure too! Little Luke had his own present for me by saying "mama" for the first time. Lauren made sure to sing "Happy Birthday" and add candles to my cake. Thankfully she only added 3 candles since that's how many were on her cake last month. I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband and wonderful kids whom I love very much.
My parents sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers full of daisies, roses, carnations and other flowers that I'm not familiar with. I'm very uneducated about the different types of flowers! Both of my sisters called and said Happy Birthday which was really nice. I enjoy catching up with them since we live apart.
Birthday's were always a big deal in our family while growing up. So having a really fun birthday is always nice. To top off the day, I made my favorite cake--Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting. Every birthday I would ask my mom for a red velvet cake and I still have to have one or a piece of one each year.
Hope your day is great too!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you've had a wonderful day!
Post a Comment