Not a whole lot going on around here as you can tell, but I did have one thing to share. Our pastor preached a message last week entitled "Be of Good Cheer". His text was from Acts 27 which is the story about Paul being shipwrecked. This message has stuck in my head throughout the week and I thought I'd share it with everyone.The main theme or focus of the message was to "Be of Good Cheer" despite all the craziness going on around--the financial meltdown, the election, and on and on. His first point: "Be of Good Cheer Jesus is near". How many times do I forget this. Jesus is ALWAYS near. ALWAYS. No matter our circumstances or problems, great or small, He is near. Paul's boat was in a huge, fierce storm yet Paul reminded the crew, "Hey, Jesus is here and sees what's going on. Be of good cheer (my words, not KJV)". The "good cheer" meant be joyful, excited like you're at a party or just heard good news. Can you imagine being excited when you're boat is about to be torn apart?
Second point: "Be of Good Cheer the Bible is Clear". The Bible has ALL the answers we need or are looking for. I tend to forget that or neglect reading the one Book that can solve everything.Third point: "Be of Good Cheer our Mission is Dear". Pure and simple our mission is to help bring/lead others to Christ. How often I get wrapped up in my own world and my own thoughts/motives and forget that this world is not our home. We are here to share Jesus with everyone and nothing else really truly matters. A hard fact to grasp and swallow at times, but it is our true mission as Christians.


1 comment:
Thanks for this reminder!
Post a Comment