Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fun with the Grandparents

So how did we get to enjoy our wonderful trip to D.C. without our kids? My mom and dad, or Grammy and Poppie as they are called, came to stay with the kids. They all four had so much fun together. Although I secretly think my parents were glad to go home to a quiet house for a little while! :)

They started their time together by dropping us off at the airport. Lauren didn't seem to mind that we were leaving but Luke gave the inevitable "don't leave me, I'm dying without you" cry as we left which later I found out was only about 1-2 minutes long. Even though I knew he'd stop crying soon, it still breaks your heart to hear them cry like that. Anyway, they pretty much just hung out at the house on Sunday and played.

Monday rolled around and they got Lauren off to preschool and enjoyed a little time with just Luke--that's an adventure in itself! Never a dull moment with him. I made sure to tell my mom to watch out for this little guy. He likes to climb into our front-load washing machine and all you see are these little legs hanging out. Then once you get him down from there he likes to go play with the rocks in the fireplace and so on and so on. So I'm sure he kept them hopping!

Tuesday was school again and then a trip to our store for kids night. My parents could barely get their shoes off before they wrestled their way into the playground. Course it didn't help that I called right as they got there. But all was well even if my kids were the ones holding up the line to exit off the slide that night. Who do they think they are? You'd think they owned the place or something! LOL

As they dropped Lauren off to school again, they told her they had a surprise when she got finished at 12. Well that surprise was ChuckE.Cheese. The kids were in heaven...not so sure Grammy and Poppie were though! I find it funny how as kids growing up we would get in trouble for things my kids do with the grandparents now. Case in point, the kids couldn't get the skeeballs up the ramp to score, so Grammy and Poppie let them walk up the ramp and put them in. My parents (which by the way these are my parents) would never have let me do that, but I guess that's the perks of being a grandparent. (In case your wondering, I'm really okay with this I'm just giving my parents a hard time! LOL Love you mom and dad!) So next time you see me and the kids at ChuckE.Cheese and my kids are running up the ramp to dunk the skeeballs, it wasn't me that taught them that!

I know the kids got their naps in because I called one afternoon and everyone was taking a nap at the time. Sorry for that wake up call mama! The kids love their Grammy and Poppie and talk about them all the time. I'm thankful for a dad and a mom who want to be a part of my kids lives and who love them very much. So thank you daddy and mama for watching the kids. I know they were in good hands.

PS The kids said thanks for all the ice cream too! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Your parents were so cute picking Lauren up every day! And the picture at ChuckeCheese made me laugh out loud! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Your kids see them more than mine do, and we live in the same county, not a few hundred miles away like you guys.