Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


So I'll back up and say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Hope you all had a great day with family and friends and lots of turkey! We stayed nearby and enjoyed Thanksgiving lunch with family. Earlier in the week, Lauren's school had Thanksgiving lunch so we headed over to see her and enjoyed a nice lunch with her--our little pilgrim. The kids and I made a "Thankful" tree this year where we cut out leaves and wrote what we were thankful for this year. In Luke's case, he just colored and put stickers on, but he did make quite a few. I'm not a very good leaf maker, so we just traced the kids hands and they became our leaves. I plan to do this every year and I'll try to keep up with all our leaves so we can look back on years to come and see what all we have/had to be thankful for. Also, Lauren's class made a "Thankful Book". Each student had a page and wrote what they were thankful for and then drew a picture. Apparently, Lauren is thankful for Luke because that's what she wrote and drew about which is surprising since they often beat up on each other. Sibling love is a special kind of love. Happy Thanksgiving!PS Yes I made Luke's shirt and no I didn't make Lauren's dress! :)

1 comment:

Kristin Aune said...

We made a Thankful tree too this year! Lauren's dress is just darling, and great job on Luke's shirt!