Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day around here was a little bit different this year. Unfortunately, Robert was sick all weekend and found out yesterday that his "cold" is actually strep throat!! But he is feeling better after getting on some meds! So Sunday, wasn't quite what I imagined Mother's Day to be (i.e.: being adored and loved on endlessly! Ha!) but it was still a great day with my family.

Lauren made a beautiful tile plaque with her hand print on it as well as several cards and a flower that she grew at school just for Mother's Day. Aww!! Luke managed NOT to get into trouble in his class at church that day so a big plus there!

And my gift from Robert is still in process because we are finally repairing/redoing our master bathroom!!!!! Yeah!!! It was in need of some major repair from poor initial installation which we found out after we'd been in the new house for a year. :( But at least now we get to have it exactly like we want it!! So here's a sneak peak of the floor in the bathroom and when it's all done, painted and majorly cleaned from all the dirt and dust (I guess I have to dust now. I strongly dislike dusting. It's more of a protective coating at my house!) I'll post before and after pictures.

Lastly, I really, really wanted to get a great picture of the kids and me on Mother's Day to commemorate the day just like all the great pictures my fellow mom friends showed on their blogs and facebook pages, but here's how our pictures turned out.

Kids--gotta love them for being who they are and I do love them so very much. I'm blessed to be their mom and can't believe how big they already are. Thank you Lord for the wonderful and challenging gift of being Lauren and Luke's mom. I couldn't do it without His help and the help of my wonderful husband, Robert. So Happy Belated Mother's Day everyone!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

protective coating! I love it! I'm going to start using that - I'm no fan of dusting either. :)

I think your mother's day pics turned out great!