Monday, August 4, 2008

Gymnastics

Lauren enjoyed her first gymnastics class today. She had so much fun and I had fun watching her and all the other little ones in her class. Her class is called the "Little Dippers". Lauren plays so rough and tough that gymnastics is just right for her. She jumped on the trampoline, swung on the bars, rolled, jumped, flipped and much more. The class is only 45 minutes, but she was tired by the end of it. She kept sucking on her thumb while waiting for her turn. I was worried about how she would do in a new environment. Sometimes she gets a little hesistant, but she was ready to go before her class started. I had to hold her back! She went to a friends birthday party in May at a gym like this one, so that may have helped her out. Lauren listened and obeyed her teachers and didn't hit any of the other kids--a big plus! I forgot my camera, but I'll be sure to post some pics from next weeks class.

It's really funny the things Lauren has started saying. Here are a few:
me to Lauren: "You're my sweet girl."
Lauren: "You're my sweet mama."

When she gets in trouble and has to sit in time out, she asks to see her friends? Not sure where that comes from! But it's kind of funny.

At church her class will go play on the playground sometimes. When we picked her up from class yesterday, she wanted to stay and play on "Jesus' playground". Too sweet!

She's starting learning about different people in the Bible. Whenever we read the story about David and Goliath, I tell her that Goliath was a big giant. She replies, "Like my daddy"!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I have to see pictures of Lauren in gymnastics!!! We're hoping soccer will use up some of our Lauren's energy.