Thursday, August 21, 2008

On the Move

Well it's official, Luke is crawling around like crazy. He had been crawling in a circle and crawling backwards for a few weeks. He finally figured out how to go foward. So here comes the fun with him! He turned 8 months old today. His first year has gone by so quickly and he seems to be in such a hurry to do everything his big sister can do. It's amazing how both of them are so different besides be the obivious gender difference, they have such different personalities and temperaments.

Lauren is our "drama queen"/bully/super hero girl/princess child. She's starting to learn her ABC's visually as well as reciting them. Her vocabulary is continually growing stronger as well as her mind. She doesn't forget anything and hears everything. Robert and I are constantly spelling things around her. She loves her books, super heroes, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, and gymnastics. She'll soon start going to our church's Bible club on Wednesday's this fall.

Luke is our easy-go-lucky/give me something to put in my mouth/keep feeding me child. For now, he is amused by anything and thinks Lauren is a comedian. He just laughs and laughs at her. He'll probably be our mischevious child since he's usually pretty quiet and I've heard those children are usually the mischevious kind. We'll see. He loves to eat and eat and eat. Guess that's how boys are. He is such a sweetheart though. His little smile and those big blue eyes will melt your heart.

But enough about my "wonderful" kids! :) My friend Mary has inspired me to take up running. I use to run a little bit in college, but I haven't run since then. And that's been 9 years. So I started running this past Tuesday. I found a beginners guide to running on the internet which is suppose to get you "trained" as a runner in about 8 weeks. So far so good, but again this has only been the third day. I've always wanted to be a runner, but didn't think I was geared for that. I'm still not so sure, but if I never try, I never will know. Another incentive is to lose weight as we would all like to do and to just be in better shape. In just 3 days, I can tell a little difference in the amount I can run which is encouraging.

In October, there is a Breast Cancer walk/run, I plan on participating in. I'm not sure if I'll be ready to run that race yet, but I can at least walk it really, really fast or run for part of it. In February, we go to Seminar in California. Every year at Seminar they host a "Fit to Lead" challenge run. You can either run or walk one mile, the 3K or 5K. So that's my longer term goal. Hopefully, it will go well. I'll keep you posted!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good luck with your running! I wish we were all still close so you and Mary could get me in shape!

Happy 8 month Birthday to Luke! Since he is crawling now you will really have your hands full!
Glad you are doing well!