Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On the move

It's official--Luke is walking everywhere! He took his first steps on Sunday and hasn't slowed down since. He's such a cutie toddling around still trying to figure out his balance. Lauren has been helping him get around too. She'll grab his one hand and slowly walk with him and then take off dragging him behind her! I managed to snag a few pics of him standing and one where he's taking off again. His "firsts" seem to go by alot faster than Lauren's.












Lauren's getting really "big" too. She's started pretend playing a lot and can write over half of her name. She's got L-A-U and E figured out. The R throws her for a loop and N is nowhere to be found. She really likes her preschool/MDO and has missed being there while we've been on vacation. Tomorrow is her first day back as long as she's over her cold. I hope so because she'll be very disappointed not to go. As for gymnastics, she's not as excited about it anymore. When she moved into a new class, she lost some of her friends and got a new teacher that she doesn't care for. So February may be our last month of gymnastics but that's okay. At least she likes school.



We're all recovering from a little sickness--just nasty, yucky colds but enough to wear you down. Robert and I leave on the 15th for the annual Chick-fil-A seminar which is in California this year. I'm really excited since I haven't been able to go the last 2 years and this will be a trip for just us. My parents are watching the kids for us at home. Pray for them! Thanks mama and daddy for watching them it means alot.

3 comments:

Kristin Aune said...

Aww, go Luke go, I can't wait to see him walking. Kyndal was asking about Lauren and Luke today. Have fun on your trip and give your Mom and Dad my number and let them know I am right across the street. If they need anything tell them not to hesitate to call.

Amanda said...

This is such a wonderful adn fun time. He looks so sweet! Hope ya'll have a great trip in California. Is there any room in the suitcases for me?

Mary said...

Life is about to get crazier now that Luke can walk! Hope you had fun on your trip!