Thursday, April 2, 2009

Little Boy, BIG Trouble

So I've heard that life with boys is totally different than life with girls. Yesterday, I found that out to be true. I was in my room getting dressed and ready to take Lauren to her school when I heard something get knocked over and crash in the living room. I knew Luke had knocked something over but I wasn't sure what. I came into the room and there was my favorite lamp on the floor with its glass bowl shade shattered into a hundred pieces. We had put the lamp up several months ago because Luke always pushed on it or tried to unplug it, but Robert thought that Luke was over that stage and pulled it back out on Tuesday. We'll Luke is not out of that stage yet. Do little boys ever outgrow the need to be "destructive" anyway?

I was more disappointed than upset, but I was very glad that neither Luke nor Lauren were hurt. It could have been a very bad sight. I grabbed up Luke and put him in my room and shut the door while I cleaned up. It only took a few minutes to find most of the glass shards which were scattered across the whole room. I later vacuumed to make sure all the pieces were gone. So I finish cleaning up the broken lamp and opened the door to my bedroom. There Luke was throwing envelopes all over the room from the accordion file folder I had left on the floor. What am I going to do with this little boy?! Silly, mischievous boy! Guess I'll keep him and just love on him even more!

Here are a few pics from our zoo trip with our neighbors down the street (Caleb and Claire). We have some friends coming to visit us for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: