Well, we just enjoyed a wonderful weekend full of beautiful summer like days around here. I mean they were almost too hot. The temps were in the mid to upper 80's...what happened to spring?! Our church had a ladies conference last week/weekend and it was really nice. I got to know more people in our Sunday school class better and the speakers were fantastic. It's fun to hang out with just the girls and enjoy messages just for women--like being a better wife, mother, friend, Christian. On Saturday, the kids and I headed to the nearby Main street festival with Annie, Uncle Lee, and "Juey" or Julia. Lauren had fun on all the "jumpy" rides but Luke wasn't too sure about it all.
This week is full too. I plan to finally paint Lauren's room. Can anyone guess what color it will be?! Purple of course. On Thursday, my parents will be up to spend the weekend with us and to see Lauren's first gymnastics meet. She makes her first gymnastics debut on Saturday afternoon. She has practiced her routines and is ready to "win" the meet--of course all the kids get trophies. So it should be alot of fun.
I'm also looking forward to the following Saturday right before Mother's Day. Lauren and I get to go to our first Mother and Daughter Brunch at our church. The theme is a Tea Party and the little girls are singing "I'm a Little Tea Pot". I told Lauren we'd have to dress up for the Brunch and she said "Sure mommy, I want to go as Snow White." Imagine that.
No comments:
Post a Comment