So with the arrival of spring, I thought I'd give my blog a new look. Let me know what you all think by leaving a comment. I found this free blog background website via my friend's blog. It's called http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com . There are a lot of great backgrounds there--thanks Kelly.
Yesterday, Lauren had her preschool interview to meet her new teacher for next year. Our church is adding a pre-K program to it's school and we're all excited. We got to tour the school building, met the principal, and Lauren had fun "interviewing" with her teacher, Mrs. Hughes. She goes to our church so we'd already met her a few months ago. Lauren had so much fun meeting her teacher that when we went back to church last night, she wanted to go to her school room. She didn't quite understand that school starts in the fall and that Mrs. Hughes wasn't there. But at least she was excited about it.
Lauren told her all about her favorite color purple, her brother Luke, and that she wants to be a mommy when she's bigger--too funny! I wondered how you interview a 4 yr old and then realized they just want to see what she's learned like her colors, number, letter, etc. She did really good. I was so proud! :) She would only count to 8 for her teacher which I know she can count higher and she only identified about 10 letters for her. When we got in the car, I pointed to the letters on the paper that she didn't ID and she said what they were and I know she can count to 20--guess she had "jitters".
2 comments:
I love the new background! I may have to go take a look at that site...
I can't believe Lauren is getting ready for pre-K. I still remember her coming to Sunday school with us when she was tiny...
Love the new background. It looks great.Loved seeing all the Easter pics.
Post a Comment