Friday, January 29, 2010

New Cakes














I've been in a cake baking mode lately. There have been several birthday's at our store in January and Robert's birthday was at the beginning of January. I have one upcoming cake that I'm really excited about making in February but no hints as to what it is yet. I'll keep you posted!
The first cake is a Penguin cake for Brittany. The second is a popcorn box cake with marshmallow as popcorn for Mrs. Theresa who loves any kind of food. I really wanted to make this cake to stand up like a real popcorn box, but I opted for a fallen over box-maybe next time. The third is Robert's belated birthday cake which is Optimus Prime a character from Transformers.....you guys know him, he's just a big kid who still collects toys! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Wow!!! I had no idea that you could make cakes like that. That is pretty amazing!! James & Becca Price came down the other day and he was telling me about Robert's collections...sounds like you have quite the collector on your hands:) Christopher's room is done in Star Wars, so that's what made him think of it. Anyway, hope to see you soon! I'm making a mental note...next time I need a cake, I know who to call :)

Katie said...

Okay... now I REALLY know how good you are! You have been so humble about your adorable birthday cakes!! I love the popcorn one - how did you make the marshmallows looks just like popcorn?!? Genius..