Saturday, January 16, 2010

Vacation



We had a great time visiting family in Ga and SC last week. Hard to believe it's already been a week and I'm just now posting! I've got lots of pics from when we went to Snow/Stone Mountain and a few from the cabin in Gatlinburg. January 3rd was Robert's bday and we celebrated at Stone Mountain by visiting "Snow Mountain". If you've ever been to the laser show there in the summer, they put down fake snow and ice the hill down for people to snow tube down. There were 8 lanes and it went fairly quickly. Luke wasn't quite big enough to go down this year, but he (all of us) had fun playing in the snow and bunny slope for the kids. Lauren LOVED the snow tubing. She went down in a double tube with her daddy, then with uncle Josh, and then with Uncle Eli. After that she went down by herself about 4 more times. She isn't afraid if anything! You couldn't get a good pic of the snow tubing and I forgot to take a pic of the whole tubing area, but it was really fun and you can check out their website if you're interested.

Later that week, we made our way up to SC to visit my family and then traveled up to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg before the snow storm hit. We made it just in time. By Thursday, we were "snowed" in---not really but snowed in for the south. My dad brings a sled for us to use every year we go since the first year we went and it snowed then. It hasn't snowed since that first year until this year. So he was ready with the sled! It was so much fun! Robert, myself, my sister Laura, her husband Philip, the kids and even my dad went down the hill on the sled. I'll definitely post those pics when I get them from my mom (probably not till February when I see her again).

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Fun Vacay...great memories, I'm sure. We have never been skiiing...can you believe that?!?