My friend Kim's baby shower was last weekend and I had the opportunity to make the cake. Yeah!! I was so excited. Andy and Kim are great friends of ours and have done so much for us. They mean a whole lot to our family and we're excited they are soon starting their own family in October. The cake fed about 80 people and most all the cake was gone by the end of the shower. The purple cake was a strawberry cake filled with strawberry buttercream icing--yum! The green cake was a decadent dark chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling--delicious! The yellow cake was a snickerdoodle cake filled with cinnamon buttercream icing--a great flavor for the upcoming cooler weather very "fall" tasting. On top was a rattle made out of cake (the ball part). The blue cake was a melted vanilla ice cream cake filled with regular buttercream icing--a traditional tasting cake, but very buttery. The cakes were decorated to resemble the plate and napkin decorations. Cakes are always fun for me to make and especially when I can do whatever I like to them. Well, now I'm off to bake an Oreo cheesecake for the holiday weekend! Have a great Labor Day!Saturday, September 5, 2009
Baby Shower Cake
My friend Kim's baby shower was last weekend and I had the opportunity to make the cake. Yeah!! I was so excited. Andy and Kim are great friends of ours and have done so much for us. They mean a whole lot to our family and we're excited they are soon starting their own family in October. The cake fed about 80 people and most all the cake was gone by the end of the shower. The purple cake was a strawberry cake filled with strawberry buttercream icing--yum! The green cake was a decadent dark chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling--delicious! The yellow cake was a snickerdoodle cake filled with cinnamon buttercream icing--a great flavor for the upcoming cooler weather very "fall" tasting. On top was a rattle made out of cake (the ball part). The blue cake was a melted vanilla ice cream cake filled with regular buttercream icing--a traditional tasting cake, but very buttery. The cakes were decorated to resemble the plate and napkin decorations. Cakes are always fun for me to make and especially when I can do whatever I like to them. Well, now I'm off to bake an Oreo cheesecake for the holiday weekend! Have a great Labor Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
They look so beautiful and sound so yummy!!
You are so talented! I can't decide which cake I'd want to try first.
Post a Comment