Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baking Contest

So I entered my first baking contest via our church's homecoming revival festivities which started this past Saturday. The categories of competition were cakes, cookies, and pies. I was very excited to test out my cake in the contest, but I was rather nervous when I saw all the wonderful looking cakes the morning of the judging. Needless to say, I did not win or place....*sigh*...but that's okay. I'll still keep on baking and it was alot of fun working on the cakes I made especially the Noah's ark cake. It was a melted ice cream cake covered in chocolate buttercream and all the animals were made of marshmellow fondant. I couldn't decide on one particular cake so I made three. Probably a rookie mistake on my part since I spread out my baking on three items! The other two cakes were a butterscotch banana cake and a chocolate buttercream frosted strawberry cake with strawberry buttercream filling.








The church hosted a carnival for everyone and had jumpies, cotton candy, snow cones, games, and a cookout for about 1000 people! The kids loved it. Lauren ran around to all the jumpies and Luke loved the regular jumpy that looked like a tiger. Lauren was excited to win a stuffed animal as the big prize at the soccer game where she had to score two times to win. I guess those soccer skills are coming in pretty handy! We finished off the festivities with an old fashioned tent service out on the ball field. During the middle of the service, it started to pour down rain like you wouldn't believe, but we all stayed dry and it let up right as the service ended. I looked forward to the rest of the week's services and invite those who are nearby to come out and join us at 7pm M-W under the tent!








1 comment:

Mary said...

These look amazing! They'd have my vote.