Monday, March 24, 2008

Busy Easter Weekend


We had a very good yet very busy Easter weekend. The kids and I went to our old church's egg hunt on Saturday. We got there about 10:30 and visited with some of our friends and then Lauren wanted to play at the park where the hunt was at. She was having some much fun that she didn't want to go when it was her age group's time to hunt eggs. I had to drag her away from the play area so she didn't miss her time. She was not very happy with me as you can tell in the picture. So the egg hunt began and she just looked around trying figure out why everyone was running around picking up eggs. She quickly caught on and did get a few eggs for herself before they were all gone.


Saturday night we dyed Easter eggs for the first time. Lauren did really well and didn't spill any of the dye water--I did! So much for neatness! I had a red dyed hand for a few minutes, but at least it came off and I didn't have a colored hand for Easter!
On Sunday, we got up and got ready for church and then had a wonderful Easter lunch with Robert's family. I love the picture of Lauren putting her shoes on and the picture of my two handsome men. The kids got lots of great goodies in their Easter baskets. They each got a pair of new Nike's--yes, even Luke. It is his first pair and they are so little and cute! Thanks Julia.
This picture is from our "practice" photo shoot at home before we went last Wednesday for their real Easter pics. They did much better at home than at the place!

No comments: