As most of you know, I love to bake and decorate cakes. I love to eat them too! Today, I ventured out and baked a cheesecake from scratch. It was a Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. The crust was made of graham cracker crumbs and crushed oreo crumbs with sugar and melted butter. Then a layer of peanut butter was added next. Then the regular cream cheese layer with swirls of hot fudge/cream cheese mix. The next layer was straight hot fudge and the top layer was cut up pieces of peanut butter cups.It looked so good. I have no idea how it tastes though. The cheesecake was for one of our employee's birthday. I try to make a birthday cake for each of our managers at our store around their birthday and usually once or twice a month I bring in a goodie for the whole crew. I would love to make a cake for each employee's birthday, but I couldn't possibly make 60 cakes throughout the year. So that's why only the managers get a cake (there are about 12 or so of them).
I'm sure Ricky will let me know how the cheesecake turned out. I just might have to make one for the family sometime. Baking a cheesecake wasn't half as complicated as I thought. It was actually pretty easy! Maybe I'll become known as the "Cheesecake and Cake Lady"!
3 comments:
Yum! Looks good!! I love baking cheesecakes, but there aren't enough people at our house to eat them, so I eat way too much.
Oh my gosh! That looks so good. Sign me up for one. :)
This looks so good. I don't like cheesecake but I could eat every one of those reese cups off the top in about 2 seconds.
Post a Comment