This past Tuesday, our store had a Superhero kid's night where kids could come dressed in their favorite superhero costume and meet a few heroes. Of course my kids know all about superheroes thanks to Robert. Lauren was Batgirl and said that Luke had to be the Flash. A very fitting choice for him especially at this age.So Lauren's costume we already had, but Luke's costume I had to create. So I whipped out my nifty new sewing machine. After a slight issue with my bobbin (I always manage to mess that part up. Thanks mom for helping me out), I appliqued the Flash symbol on the front and added some yellow rickrack to the sleeves and bottom of his shirt. I then found him a pair of red shorts and he was set. Not to shabby a costume. I didn't attempt a mask/cowl because I knew he wouldn't keep it on. Oh, I also joined in the fun and wore a Supergirl shirt I found at Wal-mart.

Lauren was very excited to see Batman even if it wasn't her daddy dressed up as him. Luke didn't really like the superheroes, but he loved the cow which is great since we see the cow alot! Here's a few pics from that night. Don't forget about Cow Appreciation Day on Friday July 10th. Dress up as a cow or wear any cow printed item and get free food at any Chick-fil-A! It's a lot of fun. Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July! 

No comments:
Post a Comment