Friday, June 20, 2008

Little "Football" Player

Luke was fitted for his helmet yesterday. Everything went really well. He didn't fuss too much when the orthotist was positioning it on and off his head. However, when it was my turn to practice taking off the helmet, I just about "pulled his head off"! :( Poor little guy. He was so upset and I felt awful, yet he survived. We're both getting use to taking it on and off. Today he will start wearing it for 23 hours a day with three 30 minute breaks throughout the day. The true test will be how he sleeps in it all night tonight. Hopefully, he does well. We go back to the orthotist in two weeks for a helmet check and go back in 4 weeks to see the plastic surgeon at Vandy. I think the blue helmet really makes his blue eyes stand out even more. Oh, Aunt Laura and Uncle Philip that blue is not to be called "Carolina Blue"! :) It's baby blue! "Duke Blue" was not available!


I snapped a few pics of him last night before bed with his new helmet. He looks like a little bitty football player! Today, I added a few turtle and car stickers to the helmet just so everyone knows he's a boy and to add a little personality to the helmet. Have a great weekend!




1 comment:

LHall said...

Uncle Philip says this is definitely Carolina Blue. :) I'm glad he is adjusting to this. We love you guys.